Please read the information given below which gives details of our admission arrangements for the school.
Where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available the Governing Body will apply the following over-subscription criteria.
5. Looked after children and previously looked after children who are other than Catholic.
6. Children who are other than Catholic who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of likely admission. This includes full, half or step brothers or sisters, adopted and foster brothers and sisters who are living at the same address and are part of the same family unit.
7. Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in the form of Baptismal Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith Community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
8. Children of other faiths. An appropriate Minister of Religion would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
9. Children whose parents express a preference for a place at the school.
In the event of any over-subscription in the number of applications made under any of the categories above then the admissions committee will offer places first to children living nearest to the school measured in a straight line distance from the front door of the house/flat to the main front door of the school as measured by the Local Authority
Office Admission Policy is kept in School
PARENTS MUST COMPLETE THE LOCAL AUTHORITY COMMON APPLICATION FORM AND SCHOOL SUPLEMENTRY FORM.
Our Year 6 pupils will normally transfer to the following schools -
BOYS - CARDINAL HEENAN HIGH SCHOOL
GIRLS - BROUGHTON HALL HIGH SCHOOL
Towards the end of Year 6, the children visit their secondary school on several occasions. There are also meetings for the parents of Year 6 pupils both here and in the secondary schools which we would encourage you to attend. After your child has transferred, contact will continue between the head of Year 7 in the secondary school and ourselves to try and ensure a smooth transition for your child between schools.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE – Both Broughton Hall and Cardinal Heenan state in their Admissions Policy that priority is given to those pupils who attend St. Cecilia’s and live within the Parish boundary (or that of another feeder school’s parish) Parents who do not live within the parish boundary, or choose to move outside it, will experience difficulty if and when they apply for a place at either of these secondary schools.
Parents who live outside the parish boundary are reminded of the importance of this criteria annually.